Saturday, December 7, 2013

Friday and Saturday

I was in the mood for stew but didn't have any canned tomatoes (a lot of veggie stews have tomatoes).  Happy Herbivore to the rescue.  I made the Veggie pot pie gravy from Everyday Happy Herbivore and added cooked carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, squash, potato and chick peas.  I served it with Happy Herbivore whole wheat biscuits.  Delicious.



This is the uncooked photo of our pizza, cooked veggie pizza just doesn't look good in photos.  The dough I use is this one Pizza Dough I leave out the oil and only use 1 TBSP sugar.  One of my sons loves pineapple and spinach pizza hence why some of it is just those items.  The sauce is from the Sopranos cookbook for marinara, it's basically just slow cooked crushed tomatoes with garlic and basil. Some of the ingredients for the pizza I already had in the fridge so are not from this weeks grocery shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment